Friday, November 7, 2008

If this is Friday it must be Hamilton

It's been a hectic week travelling from Calgary to Vancouver, back to Toronto, Hamilton and Mississauga going on shows to talk about bedtime tips for kids. It has of course resulted in me not being around to tuck my own kids into bed for quite a few nights.

The kids seemed pretty well rested when I got back so I can assume my husband was following all of our regular routines (for my tips, visit www.tech4kids.com and click on my book - you can also see some great nighttime products I highly recommend).

I left town and only left him my contact information - no pages of lists, post-its stuck to every appliance, meals made in advance...forget it. He's a grown up and can figure these things out for himself.

A friend asked how the poor fellow survived and I said "He did, and I don't want to know all the boring details. I don't normally share them with HIM, I don't want them shared BACK either."

I did hear from the kids about arriving at a hockey game at the wrong time, the laundry ending up in the wrong baskets, the oven timer that mysteriously stopped working when I left the house...and for a bonus one child even vomited. As far as I'm concerned, it was a total success.

FYI - for readers wondering about the Staples Teacher Appreciation Contest Winners - they will be announced in January, and I'll post them on my website at www.kathybuckworth.com Sign up for the "Funny Mummy Files" newsletter on my site and you'll be the first to know.

No comments: