Monday, June 16, 2008

Books, books, and more books

Today I went to Book Expo Canada, this year as an attendee and to hang with my publisher, Key Porter. I wasn't signing books this year, but there were great authors who were. The longest line up? For Emily Giffin, with her new book "Love The One You're With". Her line started two hours before the signing time, and from a distance she looked lovely and had her fans enthralled. I also picked up a new book from Rebecca Eckler, her first foray into youth fiction, called "Rotten Apple" (I'll have my 16 year old review that one for you), and a new one from recent Silver Birch Award Winner Helaine Becker "Science on the Loose"

I went with a friend who belongs to my book swap club (about ten of us, we all read about a book a week), so the next meeting should be fun. It involves wine.

I needed to pick some up for myself - I need even more quiet reading time now that my oldest has just secured her driver's license and the refrain of "Mom, can I borrow the car?" has already reverberated around my head more times than I can count. And I thought toddlers were hard.

No comments: