Monday, March 23, 2009

Vini Vidi Vaca

We came (after 12 hours of airport, airplane, and bus transfers)

We saw (how fabulous Gravol can truly be)

We vacationed (Yes Nicholas, we have to go to the pool AGAIN!)

March break is officially over in my house, and maybe I'm just a tiny bit glad to get back to the routine.

Don't get me wrong: I loved the lack of routine and the throwing away of rules (particularly those which involved having to eat healthy, swim up bars which opened at 10:00 a.m., and the chocolate fountain as a lunch substitute.)

My kids learned charming phrases like "Speedo Alert!" and "Virgin Pina Colada Please"


But I also love what I do in my real world.

And of course, every trip with my family provides me with pages and pages of material.

I'm thinking of calling my next book "Clean Underwear Never Takes A Holiday, Buddy"

No comments: