Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beauty (and age) is in the eye of the beholder...darn!

We all know the expression "kids say the darndest things". Well they can also say the sweetest things...and the nastiest things. Can't wait for my kids to develop that inside voice filter that (most) adults have.

We were at the school bus stop yesterday and my 9 year old Bridget said "You look so small next to the other parents,Mom - you're just the size of a kid!" So while I was feeling (for a nano-second) like all my workouts had been paying off, my 6 year old Nicholas piped in and said "Yeah but actually it's just because she's really old."

Precious.

Then last night I splurged and got my hair done in a crazy sort of up-do for an awards ceremony, Bridget got off the school bus (what is it with this school bus chatter?) and asked me why my hair was different. I said it was because I was nominated for an award and was going to a fancy dinner that night. She said "Well you look like a freak and you won't win anyway."

Charming.

And, she was right. I didn't win...but my own Mom said it looked nice. Maybe she just has a well developed filter. Like all Moms.

No comments: