It was the worst of times.
At least that's how I saw our last week in Niagara On The Lake.
The best of times?
1. The play, "Belle Moral: A Natural History", written by Ann-Marie "Fall On Your Knees" MacDonald. Brilliantly written and performed. Everything from a discussion on eugenics to glimpsing the freckly bottom of a leading man.
2. Discovering the Marynissen winery - particularly the 2004 Cabernet Merlot. As good as it is inexpensive.
3. A house 10 minutes walk (and walk we did) from the main street, where my kids became intimate acquaintances of most of the shopkeepers, and the flowers lining the street are beautiful.
The worst of times?
1. Three out of the four kids vomited. Enough said.
2. The 70's movie of Niagara Falls, at the Imax. Full price. Less than an hour long and about as entertaining as a "CBC Hinterland Who's Who" segment. With worse music.
3. The food at Marineland. Aren't we all fat enough? (Sadly, came AFTER most of the vomiting.)
The week long holiday is over - back to work this week - until Friday when we hit yet another OPC. I've already packed the Gravol.