Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just some fun quotes

When I'm writing a book, I often like to search for quotes to include in the foreword and sometimes between chapter breaks. I inevitably come across some that I just love, but could never quite work into a humour book about parenting. So I'll just share them here:


"I've never been a millionaire, but I know I'd just be darling at it."
Dorothy Parker

"Men are jerks. Women are psychotic."
Kurt Vonnegut

"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow."
Oscar Wilde

"I can win an argument, on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of respect, they don't even invite me."
Dave Barry

Without exception, I wish ALL of these had come out of my mouth. Damn. Here's one of my own that I have been using lately however...

"I'd rather have wine in a box than whine about Botox."

Yeah...I'm working on it, okay?

No comments: